« Home | Moving On » | Home Coming..... » | One Year Gone by - My first wedding anniversary » | Love on V-Day » | Hitting rock bottom... » | Home Is Where the Heart Is....... » | My Time » | Change.... » | Birthdays... Past and Present » | You Gain Some, Lose Some » 

Saturday, June 30, 2007 

Bangalore

Two days after my Kolkata trip my husband and myself went to Bangalore where my sister lives. While in Kolkata I had told her that I would visit her before I started working again but she insisted that we come right away as there were so many parties lined up on the four nights that we spent in Bangalore.
The 6th of June was their third wedding anniversary so we decided to leave them alone for the day and reached Bangalore on the 7th. We took the morning Shatabdi Express and their driver picked us up from the railway station and took us to her office on MG Road and having collected the keys to her apartment we went for lunch to this nice place on Cunningham road called Fresco which happened to be a favourite of my husband's, it was my first time and it was nice. I also liked this place "100ft" on 100ft road, Indira nagar which was quite similar in that both are boutique restaurants to which my sister had taken me on my last visit, and kept insisting on taking him there but gave in to his wish .
Though we wanted to leave my sister and her husband to celebrate their anniversary by them-selves, they waited for us to come so that we could all go out to dinner together with some of their other friends as they were taking a seven day trip to the Maldives to celebrate their anniversary in a few days anyways. We went to their place after lunch and met up with them at the Windsor Manor poolside restaurant called The Afghan where they had reserved a table for 9pm. The food was good and the weather was excellent so it was a very pleasant evening.
The next evening we went for this party at the Leela Kempenski " which was a fashion show and launch of the new lines of some well known designers like Anamika Khanna, Tarun Tahiliani and "Kipling" bags. A close friend of mine from my early work days who happened to be in Bangalore, and another close friend from college and her husband who are also settled in Bangalore joined us and overall we had a really good time. The evening after that we went to the launch party of a health club and spa and the event was organized by FTV and most of the people there were same as the night before.
Since my sister and her husband were leaving on their Maldives trip and since my close friend from college also lives just a block away from my sisters we decided to stay another day at their place and were entertained to very good Bengali food as her mother happened to be there on one of her visists and she knew me for ages and my taste in food.
We returned to Chennai early monday morning. Reaching Chennai from Bangalore is in many ways a shock, for one the heat strikes you hard on your face and so does the visibly vastly different culture.





Very informative article' Looking forward for more articles on your blog
Anniversary In Colorado

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shree
  • From Chennai / Kolkata, India
  • Living in the present, reminiscing the past. This is the story of my life in the present, entwined in the longings of the past and anticipation and optimism about the future.
My profile

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Shree's Scribbles is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health