« Home 

Thursday, August 17, 2006 

The Beginning

This really is the beginning of not just my story and this blog but in every respect the beginning of a new life....

I got married this April and moved to Chennai where my husband lives, after half a lifetime of living in Kolkata where I was born, brought up and spent some of the best years of my life. The last six months have turned my life totally around with such amazing speed that I am as yet reeling from its impact and trying to catch my breath.

I am in a new city whose language and culture I am yet to understand, with a new job and of course "marital life" with a person whom I know since two months before we got married. I do not really have anything to complain about as I am married to a great guy who not only loves me but is also caring and cool.

I have even managed to get a better than decent job right away but change is change and however good change is it is not easy to embrace it without wanting to rush back to the comfort of your old life. So though on the one hand I am happy, I wake up every now and then in the morning imagining that I am in the comfort of my old bed wishing I could just laze around and have Ma take care of everything -- right up to organising my lunchbox for work and the maid placing breakfast on the table which I often, hardly found the time to eat. But those days are now part of nostalgia, and the only way to relive them is to write about them.

It is through my husband that I got to know about blogs: he is an inveterate blogger and I read his posts regularly. Today, with his help, I have managed to create this blog. After school and college, I have been mostly out of writing, though I read when I manage the time, and it feels great to write again -- it helps you capture your thoughts which otherwise would just pass you by -- as life does -- and maybe sometimes be forgotten forever or at best never be thought of again.

I am sure to be here often. This is just the beginning of my jottings.

Welcome to the blogworld.Will come back for more.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shree
  • From Chennai / Kolkata, India
  • Living in the present, reminiscing the past. This is the story of my life in the present, entwined in the longings of the past and anticipation and optimism about the future.
My profile

Web This Blog

Previous posts

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Shree's Scribbles is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health